Car Show Articles and Reviews
SEMA 2022 Extreme Vehicles Top 10
SEMA 2022 Extreme Vehicles Top 10 – During the Special Equipment Manufacturers Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas this year, I scouted out what I thought were the best “extreme” vehicle builds. So lowered cars and lifted trucks don’t count. I am talking vehicles that were designed for extreme sports. To qualify the vehicle has to have less four wheels, more than four wheels, or be originally intended for taking on sand dunes.
10. This four-seater Can-Am XRS is a clean build. It didn’t seem too extreme until the vendor, Universal Air, asked if I wanted to see to the vehicle lifted. Turns out that thing sits on an air ride suspension. The amount of suspension travel was very impressive.
9. When I thought about going to the SEMA show, I must admit that I wasn’t expecting to see an extreme offroad chassis sitting on top of two jet skis. Leave it to Shadow Six Racing to come up with what they call an Aquatic Utility Vehicle (AUV). With supercharged engines in those jet skis, it must be a blast to drive.
8. To be honest, I’m not sure what I’m looking at here. I think that it why I like it. What I do know is that the two-seat offroad vehicle is actually an Electric Vehicle (EV). This is what I image would happen if Mad Max and Doctor Emmett Brown (from Back to the Future) got together and designed a vehicle.
7. First of all, who builds an AMC Pacer? Second of all, who turns it into a go-anywhere vehicle sitting on tracks? The answer to both of those questions is “a genius”. I just love this build. It is clean, exciting, and ready to take on the world.
6. This is the nicest Polaris I found at the show. Outside, the suspension and roof rack complement the dark green paint nicely. On the inside, the leather trimmed seating, touchscreen radio, and billet gear shifter let you know that this is all custom.
5. If Batman needed a Can-Am offroad vehicle, I am pretty sure it would look something like this. Everything about this build screams extreme. Big tires, aggressive fenders, black-on-black color scheme, and I just love the race inspired high mount spare on the back.
4. Looking at this VW bug dune buggy conversion just makes me want to head out to the beach right now. Personally, I couldn’t stop looking at the paint. The metal flake is intoxicating. I wanted to rank this higher, but it doesn’t compete with the craftsmanship that went into the other top builds.
3. The tires on this truck as simply massive. 440/80R30s to be exact. Look at the people next to this truck, it comes up to their shoulders. That’s because these tires are 58” tall, and it is a dually setup to boot. The suspension and wheels on this build were very eye catching as well.
2. How do you stand out in the crowd of lifted trucks? Put it on tracks and the powder coat every part of the suspension you can. If you want to go anywhere and look good doing it, see if you can give the of this truck a call.
1. My top build goes to a Polaris Slingshot built for none other than Mr. Shaquille O’Neal. Every panel on this ride was clearly customized. Did you notice the audio system? Seriously, how could you miss it? I didn’t get an opportunity to hear it, but I assume it rivals going to a rock concert. The paint itself isn’t flashy and that is what I like about it. It let’s the accent pieces really stand out. This vehicle has it all, clean interior, serious audio, custom wheels, all custom body work, and unique touches for its unique owner.
SEMA 2022 Extreme Vehicles Top 10
For more CarShowz coverage, visit our car show photo gallery here.